ZOOM Virtual Resistance Tube/Band Exercise
Tuesday and Thursday's. 10 am. $29 every 4 weeks.
What do resistance bands do?
Resistance bands have a variety of uses:
- To build strength – each band exerts a particular amount of force on your muscles when stretched and can be used in both upper and lower body training.
- To improve mobility – resistance bands are a great way to help you improve your flexibility, but you can also use them improve joint mobility.
- For rehabilitation – bands have proved themselves essential for aiding recovery and are especially useful when it comes to working on hip, shoulder and knee injuries.
- For weightlifting – resistance bands are also used in weight training. Wrapped around the ends of a weight bar, they make exercises more challenging so you can level up your one-rep max. Equally, they can be used with dumbbells for a similar reason.
- For pull ups – resistance bands can also help you build up to doing pull ups. Loop them around the pull up bar and place your foot or knee inside the band to support your weight as you train.